What is the sustainability policy at GUINNESS STOREHOUSE®?
Sustainability and enhancing the environment, safety and wellbeing of the Dublin communities has been a core philosophy of the Guinness company since it was founded. We, at Guinness Storehouse, are committed to retaining this philosophy by having a positive impact in the community where we do business, and to preserving the local area where our visitors and colleagues work, live and play. Accordingly, we embrace our responsibility for stewardship and are committed to integrating leading sustainability principles across all our stakeholder engagement and core business strategy.
Our commitment to sustainability is an intrinsic part of the strategic goals and objectives for the business and gives direction to our operational and management systems. The management and staff at Guinness Storehouse are committed to applying the necessary resources and continual improvement required to ensure that the following objectives and targets can be met:
- Compliance with all relevant environmental, health & safety and social regulations and legislation;
- Compliance with the requirements of the Sustainability Management Standard ISO20121 as well as the ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards;
- Establishment of a frame work for reviewing site specific Sustainability Objectives and Targets;
- Minimisation of energy, water use, solid waste, greenhouse gas, air and effluent emissions at source;
- Optimisation of the use of raw materials;
- Prevention of pollution and other negative social impacts;
- Minimise the short term and legacy impacts our business and visitors have on the locality
- Training and motivation of employees so that they can conduct their work in a safe, environmentally, socially and financially responsible manner;
- Treating all stakeholders and employees with fairness, equality and respect at all times, in particular stakeholders with disabilities.
- Deployment of adequate resources to ensure that the sustainability policy can be fully implemented;
- Public availability and communication of the sustainability policy to all interested parties.
The commitment, pride and enthusiasm of all who work at and support Guinness Storehouse is our most precious asset; success in meeting our sustainability objectives will come from the combined efforts of all staff and contractors. Ensuring a sustainable future for all stakeholders is fundamental in ensuring that Guinness Storehouse will continue to prosper. Management will lead by example and review progress regularly.
Back to Top