To celebrate our love for burgers, the GUINNESS STOREHOUSE® has created the GUINNESS Beef Burger for St Patrick’s Festival
Ireland is a nation of burger lovers, as research* from the GUINNESS STOREHOUSE® conducted by iReach has revealed that 88% of Irish people are Beef Burger fans. The research coincides with the launch of the limited edition ‘Guinness Beef Burger’ that has been specially developed by Guinness Storehouse Executive Chef, Justin O’Connor to celebrate the St Patrick’s Festival.
Digging into the juicy stats, traditional cheddar cheese tops the list of Ireland’s favourite burger topping with 2 million people choosing it as their top topper. The research shows that traditional toppings remain popular such as lettuce (57%), ketchup (57%), fried onions (53%), tomato (49%) and bacon (48%). Perhaps more surprisingly, nearly one in three (28%) choose gherkins as a topping, while 15% choose blue cheese; the unusual topping of pineapple (9%) exceeded brie (8%) and 5% like beetroot.
Available throughout the four day festival, from 14th – 17th March 2015, the Guinness Storehouse special ‘GUINNESS Beef Burger’ is marinated in Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, served on a soft Irish Blaa, topped with Storehouse relish, cheese and fried onions.
The research also shows that men are more likely to eat a wide variety of toppings on their burger compared to women. This is particularly evident when it comes to putting cheese on a burger (63% men, 58% women), fried onions (59% men, 48% women), tomato (54% men, 45% women) and most of all bacon (59% men, 40% women).
To purchase tickets and for further details of The Guinness Storehouse St. Patrick’s Day Festival visit, GuinnessStorehouse.com.
* iReach conducted an online survey on behalf of Guinness Storehouse, interviewing a sample of 1,000 adults aged 18+ in February 2015
Notes to Editors
GUINNESS STOREHOUSE FACTS & FIGURES
The GUINNESS STOREHOUSE has welcomed approximately 13 million visitors to date since opening its doors in 2000
On St Patrick’s Day in 2014:
- 16,000 complimentary servings of Irish smoked salmon on Guinness bread were enjoyed at the Guinness Storehouse
- 24,970 visitors from over 25 countries passed through the Guinness gates
- Over 8,500 people were awarded the Perfect Pint Pour certificate
- Over 500 Irish and international musicians played over the weekend
- 1,000 loaves of Guinness brown bread were baked over the weekend
- 25 international media and over 90 Irish media visited the Storehouse
The GUINNESS, GUINNESS STOREHOUSE and GRAVITY words and associated logos are trademarks.
Enjoy GUINNESS sensibly. Visit drinkaware.ie
For further information please contact: