Important information for your visit
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented additional health and safety protocols. By purchasing a Guinness Storehouse ticket, you agree to adhere to these protocols.
These protocols are in accordance with the guidance from the Irish Government to help reduce the spread of Covid-19 and protect the wellbeing of all our visitors. These measures are subject to review.
Please check our step by step guide to visiting here to understand what to expect during your visit.
As of 10 August 2020, face coverings are mandatory in retail areas such as shops and shopping centres. To that end, we are asking all visitors to the Guinness Storehouse to wear face coverings, to ensure the safety of other visitors and staff. This is an essential requirement, and we will not be able to admit visitor access without face coverings. Face coverings are not required in food and beverage areas. In certain instances, some people should not or do not have to wear face coverings.
If you experience any symptoms of Covid-19 within two weeks prior to your visit, please refrain from visiting and contact your doctor. If you purchased via our website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to process your refund. Your ticket purchase will be refunded directly to your account linked with the original method of payment. If you purchased through a third-party provider, please contact your provider directly with regards to your refund. Refunds will be processed at your provider’s discretion.
If your booking has been cancelled due to Covid-19 but you wish to receive your Guinness engraved glasses, please contact us at email@example.com to arrange collection. Shipping charges may apply.
Terms & Conditions of Purchase
These terms set out the basis on which you can purchase tickets for your visit to the Guinness Storehouse. The management reserves the right at all times to refuse admission.
By purchasing tickets for Guinness Storehouse you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by and subject to the following Terms and Conditions and have read and agree to the use of the information you provide us with.
- Requests for rescheduling are at the absolute discretion of the Guinness Storehouse. They can only be processed if the Guinness Storehouse receives such notice at least 48 hours before the time of visit. If you purchased via our website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to process your request.
- All prices are quoted in Euro. Whilst we reserve the right to increase or decrease our prices at any time before you book, once your booking is confirmed the price of your booking as stated in the confirmation email will not be altered.
- Once your tickets have been purchased, the ticket is non-changeable and non-refundable except at the absolute discretion of the Guinness Storehouse.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Guinness Storehouse and all of its exhibits/displays are open for use by visitors during normal opening hours. However, the Guinness Storehouse reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise and with or without prior notice to close the Guinness Storehouse or any part of it. In the event of such closure, the Guinness Storehouse will refund any visitor the cost of his or her prepaid ticket. Otherwise the Guinness Storehouse shall have no liability whatsoever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses in respect of closure of part or all of the Guinness Storehouse.
- Only food and beverage purchased from the Guinness Storehouse may be consumed in the Guinness Storehouse.
- The Guinness Storehouse is suitable for visitors under 18 years of age. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or above whilst visiting the Guinness Storehouse. Children under the age of 18 are permitted to visit the Guinness Storehouse where alcoholic beverages will be available but they will not be served alcohol and/or allowed to consume alcohol.
- Pets or animals (with the exception of guide dogs and hearing dogs) are expressly prohibited within the Guinness Storehouse.
The Guinness Storehouse reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry on to or remove from its premises or the vicinity any person who: -
- Has been convicted of a criminal offence, which, in the opinion of the Guinness Storehouse is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors;
- Is behaving in a manner, which, in the opinion of the Guinness Storehouse has, or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors, cause annoyance to other visitors, behaving in such a way as to cause danger or distress to others or damage the property;
- Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace;
- Is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances;
- In addition to the foregoing, where a person has caused damage, he/she must meet any expenses incurred as a result of such behaviour;
- All persons entering the Guinness Storehouse must pay for admission. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any employee or agent of the Guinness Storehouse. Any person attempting to gain admission without a valid ticket shall be asked to leave;
- In accordance with Irish Law, smoking is strictly prohibited within the Guinness Storehouse;
- The Guinness Storehouse reserves the right to prosecute any persons found damaging or defacing any part of the premises.
- The Guinness Storehouse values the safety and comfort of our visitors above all. To protect you and the Guinness Storehouse, visitors and their belongings may be subject to a security screening before gaining entry to the Guinness Storehouse. Please review basic information about security screening and prohibited items below. We appreciate your patience and understanding of these procedures. The list below is not exhaustive and is subject to change and amendment at any stage by the Guinness Storehouse.
- Do not leave items/bags unattended at any time.
- If visitors do not comply with Ireland’s Covid-19 Guidelines, they may be refused entry or asked to leave the premises.
- Under the Emergency Measures in the Public Interest Act (Covid-19) Act 2020 and the 1947 Health Act (Affected Areas) Order 2020, any visitor found to be coughing or spitting on another visitor or staff member will be reported immediately to the local police.
- In some cases, people may show no symptoms when infected with Covid-19. Any interaction with other members of the general public can pose a risk of being exposed to Covid-19 and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit.
- All weapons, including: firearms, knives, machetes and flick knives, any items deemed dangerous, any dual-use items that could be dangerous. Pepper spray is considered a fire arm in Ireland and it is therefore illegal to have in your possession.
- All such items, if found during a search, will be confiscated and handed over to the Gardaí.
- Scissors, sharp instruments and tools are also prohibited and will be confiscated.
- Large packages, suitcases, and other large parcels are not permitted.
- Full head coverings such as motorbike helmets or costumes that completely cover the head are not permitted. Only face coverings that cover the nose and mouth area are permitted.
In participating in our STOUTie programme, you agree to these rules, terms and conditions:
- You consent to your picture and images being taken, processed and used under this programme and you agree to adhere to all directions and instructions of our Staff in the STOUTie programme.
- A maximum of three (3) persons can appear on one picture. All participants must be 18 years old or older and we may require proof of age.
- All poses must be decent. No offensive or immoral gestures, signs or poses are allowed and participants must remain decently clothed at all times. Please do not request our staff to focus on any part of your anatomy (other than the face) or on any other objects.
- Our staff may reject any request to include any possible third party’s intellectual property rights such as focussing on an emblem on your clothing. The decision of our Staff is final for terms (3) and (4).
- In place of your face pictures, you can opt to use one (1) stock picture from the Storehouse. Please ask the Staff for the stock pictures available.
- Note that we do not store or keep your pictures and your pictures are deleted from the system as soon as practicable.
- All pictures in the STOUTie program MUST have been taken and sent for processing by our Staff.
- All other general T&Cs of the Guinness Storehouse will also apply.
- No refunds are possible.
- Our staff reserves the right to refuse to allow participation if they are of the view that any of the T&Cs are or will be breached and refusal is at their complete discretion.
By purchasing the engraved Guinness Pint Glasses, you agree to these rules, terms and conditions:
- All messages must be suitable. We allow a maximum 30 characters to be engraved per glass. No logos, emblems or other designs are permitted. No offensive, indecent, racially or otherwise provocative, abusive, immoral words or contents are allowed.
- Our staff reserve the right to refuse to process any order which contains content which may in our view cause offence, sensitivity or possible distress to others.
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept any order which contains brand names, company names or other third party brand names unless you provide adequate evidence to us that you have authorisation to use these or if we believe your order is for commercial use. We may require a written indemnity in these cases.
- The decision of Guinness Storehouse is final and binding in all aspects.
- Please note that any “online discounts” are only available to engraved glasses purchased on the Guinness Storehouse website.
- No refunds are possible unless there is an error with the order. In that case your normal rights apply.
- The glasses should be collected on the selected date. Uncollected glasses will be destroyed 30 days after the stated collection date. No refunds are possible in this case.
- Your confirmation email may be required at the collection point.
- In order to identify your purchase at the point of collection, we will use the surname associated with the booking for the set of glasses.
- All other general T&Cs of the Guinness Storehouse will also apply.
From time to time the Guinness Storehouse or other authorised third parties may carry out photography or other recording at the venue and any images or recordings may feature visitors. Visitors consent to the use of such images by the Guinness Storehouse in connection with advertising, promotions or monitoring and acknowledge that the copyright in such images rests with the Guinness Storehouse and/or any authorised third party.
If for some reason you are unhappy with any aspect of your booking or your visit with us, we ask that you contact us, care of The Visitor Experience Manager, the Guinness Storehouse, St. James's Gate, Dublin 8, or alternatively at email@example.com.